CINCINNATI, Feb. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CBTS, a leading technology provider for enterprise organizations, introduces Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS). DRaaS from CBTS is a multi-tenant disaster recovery solution targeted towards the enterprise segment. It enables organizations to replicate Virtual Machines from their source environment to a geographically-separate Disaster Recovery target environment hosted by CBTS. The service gives customers the benefits of using the cloud; management and support from CBTS; and predictable monthly pricing.
Historically, IT organizations have had two options for Disaster Recovery:
- Stand-up their own Disaster Recovery data center. This is an expensive proposition as the Disaster Recovery equipment must match the production workloads, and the equipment sits mostly idle.
- Replicate their production workloads to a cloud provider. Since large cloud providers do not provide additional services, the IT organization must still perform all disaster recovery tests, failover, and fail back once the outage has been repaired.
DRaaS from CBTS allows enterprise customers to focus on their business knowing that a leading technology provider is managing the DRaaS infrastructure. And the utility service model eliminates capital outlay, turning capital expenditures into operating expenditures.
Benefits of DRaaS from CBTS include:
- Better utilization of resources: Customers no longer need a separate Disaster Recovery data center, which means they can utilize computing resources toward their business.
- Excellent reliability: CBTS’ highly-trained data protection engineers monitor and manage the environment from an Enterprise Network Operations Center that is staffed 24/7/365. Service is provided to the DRaaS environment with a 99.9 percent availability guarantee in a monthly measure.
- Simple monthly pricing based on usage: Grow as needed, with no need to purchase multi-year capacity up front.
- Security: CBTS’ DRaaS cloud is hosted in a secure data center with SSAE16 Certification. All data is encrypted in-flight and at-rest.
“Following strong demand from our customers, CBTS is pleased to introduce this Disaster Recovery solution that brings state-of-the-art data protection technology to organizations of all sizes,” said Susan Artz, Enterprise Solutions Architect for CBTS.
For more information, go to www.cbts.net.
CBTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB). The company combines the data networking capabilities of Cincinnati Bell with next-generation managed services that provide companies with flexible solutions for end-to-end IT deployment. The CBTS business model can help organizations increase productivity and operational efficiency while reducing costs and risks through solutions that focus on business continuance, compliance, security, and technology infrastructure. For more information, visit www.cbts.net.
About Cincinnati Bell Inc.
With headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE:CBB) provides integrated communications solutions – including local and long distance voice, data, high-speed Internet and video – that keep residential and business customers in Greater Cincinnati and Dayton connected with each other and with the world. In addition, enterprise customers across the United States rely on CBTS, a wholly-owned subsidiary, for efficient, scalable office communications systems and end-to-end IT solutions. For more information, please visit www.cincinnatibell.com.
Cincinnati Bell Inc.
Josh Duckworth, +1 513-397-2292
Jane Weiler, +1 513-397-9941
Cincinnati Bell Inc